Looking for a fun Friday-night activity to celebrate the start of fall break? Then come to “SoMoS”,a unique show by Merián Soto that integrates dance and film. See the performance at 7:15 PM or 9 PM in the Municipal Parking Lot on the 2600-2624 block of North 5th Street in Philly. This event is free, which is another great reason to go and enjoy yourself. To get there, take the R-5 to Temple, walk 10 minutes to 7th Street and Susquehanna Ave, and take the 47 bus to 5th and Godfrey Streets. http://www.uwishunu.com/2012/10/somos-a-free-dance-and-multimedia-performance-outdoors-in-el-barrio-set-for-this-friday-october-12/
- Federal Donuts: New Store!
- “Conversations: Northern Liberties in Words and Film”
- Free Admission to the Barnes!
- “Native American Voices: The People Here–And Now”
- Rasta Thomas and the Bad Boys of Dance
- Porgy and Bess!
- Celebrate Ballentine’s Day with BalletX!
- Unleash your inner animal at the Philadelphia Zoo
- “Where Art Thou, Shakespeare?”
- Feeling Poetic?